vendredi 28 novembre 2014

Difference between SSL connection and SSL session



What is the difference between SSL connection and SSL session ???


This is what my lecture notes has to say which I makes no sense to me ( I am new to SSL)



SSL Connection:



  • A transient peer-to-peer communications link.

  • Each connection is associated with one SSL session.


SSL Session:



  • A session is an association between client and server.

  • It is created by the Handshake Protocol.

  • It defines a set of security parameters.

  • It may be shared by multiple SSL connections.

  • It is useful to avoid expensive negotiations of security parameters for each connection. Single session has many connections. Every connection has a different key



I tried googling for it but the results dont show up anything useful.


The only thing I know is that a single SSL session can have multiple SSL connections.


Can someone explain to me what the differences are in simple terms ??





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire