vendredi 28 novembre 2014

Nmap from Kali Linux and from Amazon EC2 instance - vastly differing results



I'm running a basic scan using nmap from


1) a VM of Kali Linux running on personal machine


2) an instance of Amazon Linux, running on Amazon's EC2 cloud


These two runs (against any target) are producing vastly different results, with the personal Kali run always producing much more and more detailed results (more IPs found, more ports in each IP). Does anyone have any explanation for this? I think that something in the cloud setup is affecting the scan. I have also tried running scan from Kali in cloud and nothing changed, so it isn't Kali vs non-Kali that is affecting results. My security group for my EC2 instance is configured to allow all inbound and outbound traffic. My instance is running on VPC, not classic, and I don't know if possibly there is a NAT or something intercepting the traffic but I don't think so. Also, I have received permission from Amazon and all targets of my scans to conduct this testing. Any input is appreciated. Thanks





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire