mercredi 7 janvier 2015

Question about Being Discreet on the Internet



I've had difficuties finding all the informations I'm looking for on how to reduce one's fingerprints on the Internet, during "everyday" network surfing.


I'm found this post which is interesting : Whats the best way to make my internet traffic anonymous? with the anwser made by Shnatsel [1] But it doesn't quite answer my need and is too broad for me


My question is about how much fingerprints are put on the internet when I'm surfing. Say I'm a standard user using Google Mail, Google Maps, IMDB, Facebook, Flickr, etc. on a regular basis. I want to know how can I be more discreet than what I would call an "average user"


My questions are then as follows :


This site : http://donttrack.us/ and the post [1] referenced hereabove say that Google saves our search queries such as "cancer", or "herpes", etc.



  • Obscuring traffic is a part of the problem as [1] said. I'm thinking that having a good cover can help (such as false ID), is this assumption correct ?

  • What if I create a false Google Account for Google Maps, Mail, etc. ? Does it keeps my prints from being linked to me by Google ? If not, how can I prevent it ?

  • Does using a site like Flickr can be tracked ?

    • By Flickr itself ?

    • By Google ?

    • Will it interest a governmental instance if I'm a random user ?

    • How can I avoid it ?



  • If I'm a random insignificant person on the internet making a query about sensitive material (weapon, drugs, etc.). Will the NSA or any instance keep track of my browsing and be able to store that I searched for said sensitive material ?

  • What if I use DuckDuckGo for instance ? Does it anonymize me in any way ? How can I be completely sure that DuckDuckGo is not reselling any information whatsoever and lying to its user saying it's tracking-free ?


  • Is it helpful for anonymization to do "normal" queries with a standard Firefox and sensitive searches or mailing, or blogging with a Tor Firefox Bundle ?




  • If I'm using a false ID for Google, using DuckDuckGo and Tor for sensitive research or blogging, or mailing, is it a good start or is it completely useless ?







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire