samedi 31 janvier 2015

How can I determine whether or not a POS terminal violates requirements in the PCI DSS?



The business I work for uses an Equinox Optimum T4220 (hardware number 060001) in dial-out mode. I see two search results1 for "T4220" listed on the PCI SSC's website under Approved PIN Transaction Security (PTS) Devices2. These listings look similar to what we have, but



  • come from other manufacturers

  • have a hardware number in the 0630xx and up


I would like to determine whether or not this terminal violates the PCI DSS's requirements on storing cardholder data. I am concerned with requirements 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 3.2.3, and 3.4.


I am also concerned with cryptography and transmission as I have no way to detect violation of these rules either.


How can I determine whether or not a POS terminal negatively impacts this business' attempt to become compliant with the PCI DSS?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire