samedi 31 janvier 2015

Major problems binding IP, in Kali's `Social Engineering Toolkit`



So, I'm attempting to set up a virtual network, one VM for Kali Linux, and one VM for Windows 7. The Kali VM is used for penetration testing, hacking, etc, all on the windows VM. I am using Oracle's VirtualBox Virtual Machine application. This is the order I am taking in order to remote control the Windows VM:



  1. Open setoolkit

  2. Social-Engineering Attacks

  3. Create a Payload and Listener

  4. Enter the IP (10.0.3.15 the IP that shows up when doing ipconfig in windows)

  5. Windows Reverse_TCP Meterpreter

  6. Backdoor Exectuable

  7. Default Port

  8. Begin listener (yes)

  9. MFC Starts


I received no error, I was happy. Then when I transfered the payloader.exe to the windows VM, and ran it, nothing happened. I checked the Kali IP (ifconfig) to find out that it was the same IP - 10.0.3.15. So I ended up with 2 VMs on the same IP.


When I tried to change the IP on the windows system, I was getting the error Handler failed to bind to (IP).


This is the network setup in my VirtualBox:


enter image description here


enter image description here


enter image description here


enter image description here


enter image description here





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire