vendredi 16 janvier 2015

What information could be gained from an Amazon shipping label?



My family has a bad habit of recycling Amazon shipping boxes without taking out the labels. We have been doing this for the past year or so and have noticed a slight and steady increase in the amount of spam calls we have received at home. I am not one to immediately assume this is directly tied with the shipping labels, as correlation does not imply causation, yet I am getting more and more concerned about this.


I have taken it upon myself to rip out as many shipping labels, but sometimes I myself will forget and end up throwing a box into the recycling without giving it a second glance.


What possible information could be garnered from an Amazon shipping label? I'm afraid that we're letting out much more information besides a telephone number or an address, or even a name. Are there any huge security risks of some attacker getting a hold of a shipping label? Could they get the credit card number or choice of Payment, etc?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire