vendredi 27 mars 2015

External websites in logs



I have a website, let's call it www.good.com.


I've been getting a lot of requests to www.good.com under completely different URLs than www.good.com. I suspect this traffic is also causing some site performance issues. I'm running a .NET solution on IIS for reference.


I have a logger that is constantly picking up 404 errors for external hosts. Below are examples of some of the log data:




Original URL: http://ift.tt/1EaQ0tY


Request URL: http://ift.tt/1EaPYlN %911 h%8D%BAX '%C3x5%F0 %DF%E8&peer_id=-SD0100-%E6%B2 Ql%C0 ]=x %8C&ip=192.168.2.23&port=8956&uploaded=1019809319&downloaded=1019809319&left=192985&numwant=200&key=9135&compact=1


Request Path: /announce


Referrer URL: None


User host address: 222.210.108.246


Server: WWW-GOOD-COM-SERVER


User:


IsAuthenticated: False


Authentication Type:


Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE


User Agent: Bittorrent




I also see other weird requests from all kinds of other domains, like



  • vl.ff.avast.com

  • graph.facebook.com

  • eztv.tracker.thepiratebay.org

  • trackhub.appspot.com


Almost always the IP involved is from outside the US.


What I don't understand, is why my server is trying to fulfill requests for any of these urls when it is obviously not the host.


I need to know:



  1. Why this could be happening

  2. If this activity seems dangerous

  3. How I should attempt to prevent it, if possible.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire