jeudi 26 mars 2015

On the fly encryption for unencrypted cloud services?



Today Amazon announced their Cloud Drive with unlimited storage for only 60$/yr. Microsoft did the same with Office 365 a while ago. I don't really want to entrust either service with my dearest documents in an unencrypted way.


So now I'd like to use one of these services with some workaround that...



  • allows me to use these services to store my documents encrypted on their servers (

  • is convenient, i.e. fast enough and without jumping through too many hoops

  • works from shells on Linux and OSX and ideally also from the OSX GUI (at least for R/W access)


My first thought is something like a fuse system that mounts the cloud service as a local drive and that encrypts all files with my gpg key (e.g. a bit like this combine with onedrive-fuse-fs).





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire