lundi 29 décembre 2014

How to monitor my internet traffic split between a PC and laptop?



I'll try to describe my problem as specific as possible.


So I have an internet connection and there are two PCs using it.

Now let's call my laptop as A and the other PC as B.



Laptop A - My laptop, I pay the bill, I need sufficient speed for my work. (uses wifi ONLY)



Desktop B - A desktop computer, which is used for my work only but the worker uses it for downloading and stuff. I can't monitor the data through my wifi because this desktop is connected via a LAN cable (since desktop doesn't have a wifi, it uses LAN cable).


Now I'm really confused what to do ?



My questions

Is it possible to divide speed in ratio ? Like my laptop gets 70% and his 30%.

Is it possible to block major torrent and other video streaming websites on his desktop? Is it possible to monitor traffic which is going via LAN cable and not Wifi ?


I'm using iBall router.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire