mardi 30 décembre 2014

onboard memory of usb hid devices "hackable"?



I own some mice and keyboards for example my logitech G400 mouse and my razer deathstalker keyboard.


Both of those devices have as far as i know built in memories to save DPI settings macros so on and so forth.


Now i have read somewhere some time ago that at some german hacker meeting a guy managed to save a keylogger to a razer deathstalker keyboard.


SO my questions are:




  1. Is the memory built into my razer deathstalker keyboard not secured by a razer digital signature so that it only allows a razer signed driver to save changes to it? Same question goes for my g400 logitech mouse.




  2. In case there is none protection whtasoever how could i overwrite the memory by myself? It's a shame that i don't find the original article i read.







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire