dimanche 28 décembre 2014

My card has been flagged as high risk by online web host company, must provide "material" to override



Recently i changed my credit card since my last one expired. However my hosting company rejects this card because of a "3rd party risk estimator" has flagged it as high-risk, or something like that. In order for me to be able to override this risk estimator and be able to pay for my host, i have to provide some "verification material" which is a picture of the back of my credit card (signed) and my government issued ID on a paper that has "I authorize ******.com to charge this card" written on it, aswell as my signature. This seems awfully fishy to me, and i'm worried that they can use this to take all my money or something, i'm not really familliar with this kind of stuff. I have however been a customer for over 2 years and they haven't done anything like this before, and everything has been working as it should. Is this safe to send? Can they steal all my money if i send this or is this standard procedure when a card has been flagged as high risk? Thank you for your help!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire